As part of SFTF’s Earth Day celebration, residents are asked to donate fabrics, clothes and materials, following these guidelines:
- Lightweight, woven (not knit) cotton fabric and clothing items. Any pattern is welcome; no jeans please.
- All cotton fabric and clothing must be washed.
- Needed material: sewing elastic , 1/8th to 3/8th width
- Needed material: unopened packages of hair ties.
- All items must be bagged and untouched 48 hours prior to drop off, per CDC guidelines.
Please drop off materials at Jennifer Butler’s studio at Greenfield Hill Commons, 75 Hillside Road, Fairfield. A bin marked “Earth Day Donations” will be placed at the side door to Butler’s studio.
Butler is donating her time to make the masks, which will be distributed to caregivers, health care workers and other essential workers.